Special Events Volunteer
Assist with set-up, breakdown, directional, ticket sales and other duties related to our special events.
- Volunteers should be flexible and willing to perform a variety of duties.
- Groups are encouraged.
- Excellent people skills as required.
- A variety of shifts is available.
- We need both daytime and nighttime volunteers for most events.
A partial list of upcoming volunteer events:
- Weekday Food Bank
- North Hollywood (7336 Bellaire Ave) — Tuesday through Friday from 10 AM to 6 PM.
- David Geffen Center (611 South Kingsley Dr) — Wednesdays from 9 AM to 3 PM and Fridays from 8 AM to 5 PM. Closed the last Friday of the month.
- Taper Center (1741 E. 120th Street) — Thursdays from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- Long Beach (St. Mary’s Medical Center) — Tuesdays from 10 AM to 5 PM. Available Shifts: 9:15 AM - 12:00 PM or 1:15 PM - 4:30 PM.
- Weekend Food Drives
- Various locations (West Hollywood/Silverlake) — Saturdays 11 AM to 1 PM, 1 PM to 6 PM, or 11 AM to 6 PM.
Special Events (Vary by date and location)
- STAGE — Saban Theater (8440 Wilshire Blvd) — May 8th and 9th.
- Volunteers to assist with setup/breakdown, check-in, silent auction, monitoring, and greeting. Duties are subject to change by need.
- Dress Code: Business/Formal or black slacks/skirt/shirt
- Unpaid internships available in several programs.
- For a listing of available internships, go to www.apla.org.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact me and I can forward you more details about getting started.
Send an e-mail
Return to Volunteer Opportunities Listings