Food Pantry Volunteer
The Vance North Necessities of Life Program (NOLP) provides groceries to over 1,700 clients who live on a limited income. Clients are able to access the food bank once a week, four times per month and take home three to four bags of groceries per visit. They receive a wide variety of predetermined items. NOLP is one of the largest programs here at APLA, NOLP has a number of opportunities for volunteers such as distributing groceries to clients, pre-bagging groceries, filing, and stocking shelves.
URGENT! We are currently in great need of volunteers during these specific times:
- On Fridays to help us prepare for the beginning of the week. Shifts would be either 4-6 p.m. or 5-7 p.m.
- At Saturday food drives, which take place at various locations (usually in West Hollywood and Silverlake neighborhoods). Shifts include: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; 1-6 p.m.; or 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- The desire to help improve the quality of life of low-income people with HIV
- Enjoy working in a warehouse environment
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Outgoing personality, excellent communication skills
- Bilingual Spanish helpful, as well as some knowledge of HIV/AIDS
Send an e-mail
Return to Volunteer Opportunities Listings